Festivals & Events
Launceston is a bustling cultural centre, with several festivals and events throughout the calendar year celebrating food, wine, performing arts, culture, and sport.
- AFL Football – played in Launceston several times a year, when Tasmania’s Team the Hawks bring the Australian Rules game to town.
- Festivale – food, wine and entertainment are on display at Festivale, a three-day event showcasing the best of the region.
- MONA FOMA – a music and arts festival. Prepared to be surprised and delighted.
- Big Bash League Cricket – The Hurricanes teams play against the nation’s biggest hitters in the Twenty20 version of the game.
- Junction Arts Festival – Junction Arts Festival showcases food and wine, music, performing arts and Tasmania’s talented artists.
- Agfest – Rural Youth Tasmania’s Quercus Park comes to life for a three-day agricultural expo on a 200-acre, 70,000 person scale.
- Barnbougle Polo – a day out at the polo, featuring fashion, horses, food, wine and of course, polo.
- Effervescence Tasmania – sparkling wine lovers must mark this weekend festival in the calendar.
- Launceston Cup – frock up, suit up, and head to the horse racing!
- Tasmanian Christmas Carnivals – an indoor athletics, wood chopping and cycling carnival held a stone’s throw away at the Silverdome.
- Tassie Scallop Fiesta – held at the seaside village of Bridport, the Scallop Fiesta is a celebration of seafood and wine excellence.
- Farmgate Festival – meet the growers, taste the farmgate difference and see behind the scenes.
- Harvest Launceston – a community farmers’ market held every week.
- Tasmanian Craft Fair – held at Deloraine, it’s a working craft fair. Meet the makers and take home something special.
- Shimano Enduro – mountain biking reaches new heights in Tasmania when the world’s best descend on the tiny town of Derby.